As you know it’s that time of year again and we are busy preparing for the 2017 Australian Robowars Nationals. Only 6 weeks to go and after our massive Vivid event the call is out again for the best robots in Australia to compete for our national title. The event will be held at 2 George St, Brisbane and we are working on a great seating arrangement with big screens of robot action. Tickets will be available around late July. Like the Robowars Australia Facebook page to find out when they are release.
This event will be 30lb Featherweight and Sportsman event.
Robot Registration: Builders DB
*Note: Entry to the event will be driver and one team mate. For additional members please contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday August 19th
- 1000 – Registration: Builders must arrive prior to 10:00 to allow time for registration.
- 1200- 1800- Fight Sessions
Sunday August 20th
- 0900- 1600 – Finals Sessions
Your featherweight will have to fight its way through three preliminary rounds on the Saturday with the top 16 robots making it through to finals on the Sunday. So be prepared for the long haul to take out the championship.
We will be continuing with Sportsmans as exhibition fights accruing points as part of the Sportsman Cup.
Sportsman robots should expect 1-2 fights first day and 2-4 fights on the second day. Concluding with a large sportsman rumble just before the grand final.
*All Prizes are subject to change
- First Prize: Sponsored by BotBitz
- Runner Up: Sponsored By Makers Muse
- Most Destructive: Prize TBD
- Best Newcomers Award: 2 x BotBitz 85A ESCs (Sponsorted by BotBitz)
- Best Showman: 2 x BotBitz 30A ESCs (Sponsorted by BotBitz)
Competitors who are competing at their first nationals event are eligible for this award and will be judged by event staff/senior roboteers. Best showman will be judged by MC and event organisers.